Orion Law Management Systems Launches Integration of Secure Online Payment System, Powered by LawPay
AUSTIN, Texas (January 27, 2021) — Today, Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. announced the launch of Orion payments, a seamless and secure online payment integration powered by LawPay. With Orion payments powered by LawPay, law firms using Orion can offer clients the ability to pay online by credit, debit or eCheck.
The state-of-the-art LawPay payment solution has been approved by all 50 US Bar Associations, the American Bar Association and the Association of Legal Administrators, and is a trusted solution for 55,000 law firms. From a security standpoint, LawPay’s end-to-end encryption and tokenization exceeds Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard Level 1, the highest level there is.
Since many law firms and their clients are working virtually due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, the flexibility and convenience of Orion ePay is timely. Online payments mean that law firms using Orion ePay will also speed up collection time, thereby improving cash flow and increasing profitability. Also, Orion and LawPay create an online payment page branded with the law firm’s logo which reassures clients and reinforces the firm’s brand loyalty with every payment.
Orion ePay highlights include:
• Orion ePay™ Payment Link – Orion generates a secure payment link that can be added to invoices, cover sheets, reminder statements and email templates for Orion’s Email Bill Delivery and AR (Accounts Receivable) Collections Manager.
• Quick Import/Processing of Payments – Client payments and trust deposits can be processed in a single click from Orion’s AR Manager.
• Client-Initiated Online Payments – LawPay creates and hosts a secure payment web page that accepts online payments, whether the client received an electronic or paper invoice. This page can be used to run in-office credit card charges or be linked to the firm’s website.
• LawPay Mobile App and Swipe Tools – Using LawPay’s Mobile App, lawyers and legal staff can use iPads and the LawPay mobile swiper to quickly and securely capture clients’ credit card information in person.
• Automatic Payment Processing View in Orion AR Monitor – Electronic payments are conveniently queued in Orion for processing, so accounting personnel can efficiently manage payments against outstanding invoices.
“Orion’s software has proved to be an asset to GTH. Orion has continued to advance the available features and functionality throughout the years,” said Julie Pavel, CPA, CGMA and Director of Finance for Gordon, Thomas, Honeywell, LLP (GTH). “I was impressed with the addition of Orion ePay powered by LawPay, which immediately allowed our firm to reduce steps in processing client payments via bankcard and eCheck. It adds to the security of our clients’ information, gives them more flexibility when making payments to us, and also gives us complete visibility over our daily bankcard/eCheck transactions for fee receipts processing. The install for the newest upgrade of Orion was quick and easy, while the training for LawPay was user-friendly. Both Orion and LawPay have phenomenal customer service and I would recommend this new feature to others. Orion is becoming a one-stop-shop software program for law firms.”
“We are really excited about Orion’s new partnership with LawPay which allows us to offer seamless online payment options to our clients,” remarked Kevin Harris, Senior Project Manager at Orion. “LawPay has built a stellar reputation as a ‘go-to’ payment solution for law firms of all sizes. Orion clients will certainly benefit from the many new features that the Orion/LawPay partnership makes possible.”
"LawPay’s Enterprise payment platform is the perfect solution for large law firms using Orion who are interested in accepting credit cards,” said Melissa Chambers, VP of LawPay Enterprise Solutions. “Orion ePay, powered by LawPay, will enable law firms to decrease collection time, increase efficiency, and improve cash flow."
About Orion Law Management Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1985, Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. is dedicated to providing law firms with proven law practice management software. Utilizing a complete practice management approach, Orion is a fully integrated law management system employing the very latest in reliable technology. Orion centralizes your Financial Management, Firm Management and Practice Management delivering the competitive advantage that law firms need to succeed. Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta. For information visit www.orionlaw.com, call 1.800.305.5867, email email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @Orion_Law.
LawPay was developed specifically to help law firms streamline billings and collections, providing a simple, secure solution for legal clients to pay their bills. LawPay is the industry leader in legal payments, providing a cost-effective solution for more than 55,000 law firms around the country. It's available through all 50 state bars, 60+ local and specialty bars, and the ABA as a vetted and recommended payment solution for the legal industry. They’re also the ALA’s Exclusive VIP Partner for Payment Processing. Learn more at lawpay.com.