Closing the Case & the File: Ethical Steps & Best Practices for You, Your Firm, and Your Client
Closing the case ethically and following best practices involves several steps and considerations for you, your firm, and your client. This presentation will discuss key purposes and goals and their ethical considerations, including:
- Settling accounts and retained funds.
- Continuing duties to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Protecting and returning client information.
- Advising clients of consequences resulting from outcomes.
- Proper storage or shredding of files and trust account records.
By following these ethical steps and best practices, you can ensure a proper and professional closure to the case while protecting your clients' interests.